- Pick up 9 a.m. from Argana Cafe in the main Jemaa el Fna square (or your hotel).
- Camel ride&tea in a valley close to Marrakech.
- Stop at the Argan Oil Co-operative for small breakfast.
- Arrival at Imlil village, walk to the lunch place (can be done as well after the trek).
- Trekking through the valley of Imlil, to the waterfall.
- Orange juice break at the waterfall
- Back to Marrakech around 5-6 p.m.
PRICE: 30 EURO/PERSON
The day tour from Marrakech is organised every day.
It’s not a private tour, you will be going with a small group of international travellers.
- Pick-up/drop-off at your accommodation in Marrakech.
- Travel in style in private vehicle with air-conditioning and professional driver.
- English-speaking Berber guide
- Berber lunch
- Bottle of water
- Orange juice
- Tips and personal purchases
Get away from the hustle-bustle of Marrakesh to the stunning village of Imlil located in the Atlas Mountains and witness traditional Moroccan life.
Tucked away in the foothills of the High Atlas Mountains, Imlil village is a perfect destination for a one day trip from Marrakech. Because of its calmness and the authentic local life experience, Imlil will be a great escape from the city chaos.
– Just a short ride away from Marrakech!
– Enjoy a delicious, traditional lunch in a house of a Berber family and take a short walk before driving back to Marrakech.
– Enjoy beautiful panoramic views of the Atlas Mountains.
– Enjoy camel ride
MORE ABOUT THE EXPERIENCE
This trip offers a spectacular opportunity to observe the best part of Morocco, the authentic life in Imlil, a Berber village, located in the High Atlas Mountains.
You will be driving towards the high Atlas Mountains via Tahnaouet where you will stop for a camel ride.
Following the ancient Berber trails, traverse winding dirt tracks, passing earthen Berber houses, you will enjoy the scenery of High Atlas. There will be numerous photo stops along the way to capture the beauty of the snow-capped Mt Toubkal (4160 m), the highest peak of North Africa.
Before arriving at Imlil, you will have a short stop at the Argan Oil Co-operative where women turn the Argan nut into Argan Oil-based products.
At Imlil, you will cross the ancient irrigated barley, corn, and vegetable terrace fields, surrounded by cherry and walnut trees. The local Berber guide will explain about the Berber culture and heritage.
After lunch, you will have an easy hike through Imlil to the waterfall, passing beautiful valleys and views. The trekking is not complicated, suitable for all ages travellers. Instead of trekking, you can also rest in the Berber home and relax with a Moroccan tea and majestic High Atlas mountain view.
You can read more about Imlil in my article GUIDE TO IMLIL IN MOROCCO: NOT ONLY FOR TOUBKAL CLIMBERS
Official guidebooks about Marrakech forces you to go where everyone else is. Instead, let me be your Marrakech digital insider! In my 155 pages magazine, I mixed hi-so and down-home options to get an understanding of Marrakech dynamics. As well, you will find some history facts, maps, guide to public transport, shopping, alcohol selection etc.